LOGO resident login resident register

Improve Gym Facilities

Postby Systematic » 2012 Jun 09 Sat, 10:20 am

I've been living here for about 4 years and I feel that the gym room is still lacking. I would like to suggest adding more weight training equipment. At the very least, in a basic gym, there should be:
-a Pull up bar
-a Power Rack
-a Bench Press
-Olympic Barbells
-Barbell plates of different weights starting from fractional plates of 2.5 lb and up
-heavier Dumbbells

These equipment are needed for the following basic and important exercises, among others:
-Pull up / chin up
-Overhead press
-Squats
-Bench Press
-Deadlifts
-Barbell Rows

I have used the machine there and I have to say, with the exception of the bicep curls and the dips, that the machine is a bad idea. Some of the pads no longer protects our arms and more importantly the leg extension and the chest exercise parts of the machine are not symmetrical, leading to uneven muscle use. The leg press part does not allow users to have their legs at 90 degrees, and this stresses and damages our knees. There should also be pads above our knees for the lat pull down exercise. We can't save space and have good equipment at the same time, not in this case anyway.
Systematic

Re: Improve Gym Facilities

Postby 會所 » 2012 Jun 10 Sun, 12:42 pm

Thank you for your kind suggestions.
As you know, adding new equipments such as Pull up bar etc. involves additional expenditure of the clubhouse, technical problem of installation and cost effective considering. But anyway, we will raise you suggestions in the coming I.O. meeting on 13/6/2012.
會所

Postby Systematic » 2012 Jun 13 Wed, 9:41 am

Thank you.
Systematic

Postby 會所 » 2012 Jun 19 Tue, 8:02 am

After the discussion at I.O. meeting on 13-6-2012, the management committee had rejected your suggestions of adding such new equipments at Gymnasium with the consideration of cost effective and such new equipments are not in an urgent need of a large amount of users.
Thank you for your kind suggestion.
會所

Return to clubhouse activities / 會所活動