LOGO resident login resident register

Heavier dumbells for the gym

Postby R » 2015 Aug 30 Sun, 11:28 pm

Having read some previous posts about the requests of barbells that were unfortunatley turned down, I understand the lack of space and safety issues the management are concerned with.

I would, nevertheless, like to request the management to purchase heavier dumbells for the gym (45 lbs being the heaviest in the gym now), i.e. 50 lbs and 55lbs. There is clearly still space on the dumbell rack for a couple more sets and 50/55 lbs dumbells are nowhere close to sufficiently heavey to cause safety issue.

With space and safety issue out of the way, please kindly and seriously consider my request.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Cheers.
R

Re: Heavier dumbells for the gym

Postby 會所 » 2015 Aug 31 Mon, 10:37 am

Thank you for your valuable advice regarding the captioned matter. In 2014, clubhouse purchased the 40 lbs and 45 lbs dumbbells through“Sir David Trench Fund for Recreation”. With consideration of cost effective and such equipments are not in an urgent need of a large amount of users, clubhouse will apply the same funding to purchase the 50 lbs and 55 lbs dumbbells to satisfy users need in the coming year.

La Costa Clubhouse
會所

Postby R » 2016 Jan 13 Wed, 11:32 pm

plz kindly update the progress
R

Postby 會所 » 2016 Jan 14 Thu, 11:13 am

Dear R,
The application of "Sir David Trench Fund for Recreation" for purchasing the heavier dumbbells is in progress. Applicants will be informed of the results of their applications in writing in August 2016 the earliest.
Thank you for your concern.
會所

Postby R » 2016 Jan 15 Fri, 12:02 pm

Thank you for your bureaucratic answer to my request made in AUG 2015. I am shocked to find out that public funding from the government, 'Sir David Trench Fund for Recreation', is the only option you have to follow-up the request.

I would appreciate if you could advise me if there are other available options for the management company to address such request in a more effective manner? Perhaps we have our own funding through the management fee we pay monthly?

Look forward to hearing from you.
R

Postby YuMoBor » 2016 Jan 16 Sat, 10:38 am

What is the urgency of dumbells? How many resident in the estate need 50lb and 55lb dumbell that justify using the management funding instead of public funding?
YuMoBor

Postby R » 2016 Jan 16 Sat, 11:17 pm

Whoever you are YuMoBor, resident or the mgt, I do believe I, as a resident, am entited to make an application of reasonable request and expect my request to be dealt with in the most effective manner possible.

I am raising my concern of sluggish manner in handling residents' request and am interested in knowing if there is any other more effective ways available.

To know the urgency, YuMoBor you can open ur own thread and request the mgt to a research.
R

Postby YuMoBor » 2016 Jan 18 Mon, 9:37 pm

Dear Mr. Management,

Please start a research at your earliest convenience on the usage of dumbbells and provide us the figures before using the estate funding to buy additional dumbbells.

Thanks.
YuMoBor

Postby eee » 2016 Jan 19 Tue, 3:43 pm

如果管理處接立這住戶的申請,請一併考慮聘請教練給這些設備,避免住戶使用時發生意外!!
eee

Postby 會所 » 2016 Jan 20 Wed, 12:57 pm

首先多謝各業戶對屋苑管理事務提供各種寶貴建議,現回覆如下:

1/ 根據統計資料,2015年全年健身室使用人次為8966人,平均每日使用人次為25人;而啞鈴區全年使用人次為2359人,平均每日使用人次為6.6人。
2/ 有別於使用仰臥式推胸器械(不設有安全鎖之類型),使用啞鈴(不論輕重)並不需要教練在場亦可使用;但為安全起見,啞鈴使用者亦應量力而為以避免意外發生。
3/ 為了平衡各方之意見,本處將慎重考慮硏究及商討,望能達成共識以满足各業戶的訴求。

如若對上述事件有任何疑問,歡迎致電2608-5012與會所主任褚先生聯絡。
會所

Next

Return to clubhouse activities / 會所活動